With Fort St. John centered on the oil and gas industry, the opportunity for jobs in the city has grown exponentially. The city has seen steady growth in recent years which has lead to more and more people moving to the area. Other main resource industries found in the area are the forestry, agriculture, mining, and energy developments.
In December 2014 the Site C dam project was approved by the BC government that will provide approximately 10,000 person-years of direct employment during construction, and roughly 33,000 total person-years of employment through all stages of development and construction.
Looking For A Job?
Here is a list of job directories you can look through to hopefully help assist you in your job hunt:
- Regional Help Wanted – Fort St. John
- WorkBC Employment Services Centre
- Northern Lights College
- Site C Job Opportunities
Job Listings In Fort St. John
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization and under the clinical direction of a Physiotherapist (PT), Occupational Therapist(OT), Speech Language Pathologist (SL...
Under the direction of the Field Supervisor Coordinator, and clinical direction of the RN Field Supervisor or Clinical Leader, provides home support services to clients in accordan...
In accordance with Northern Health's vision of an idealized system of services where people and their families receive primary care services in Primary Care Homes supported by inte...
In accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the Registered Nurse Manager, the Resident Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking te...
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by British Columbia College of Nursin...
Why Work In Fort St. John?
The city of Fort St. John is ideal if you are looking for career and economic opportunities. Northern British Columbia and Fort St. John is in an ideal geographical location because there is an abundance of oil and gas, coal, hydroelectricity, forestry, agriculture and tourism resources that is accessible. This is why Fort St. John is the perfect city to live in if you’re looking for career opportunities.
Opportunities on Demand:
With the natural resources that Fort St. John has access to and the major projects that are planned for Northeast British Columbia; there are many jobs that are available now and in the future. Some of these opportunities include:
- Construction – Heavy duty mechanist and equipment operators. As well as carpenters, electricians and millwrights
- Oil & Gas – Drilling and servicing laborers, petroleum gas and chemical process operators
- Mining – Mineral process control operators
- Health – Registered nurses
- Administration – Finance and insurance
Which Businesses are Hiring?
- Natural gas production and servicing: Spectra Energy, EnCana, Shell Canada and McElhanney Land Surveys
- Public Sector: Northern Lights College and Northern Health
- Wood Sector: Canfor and Peace Valley OSB Plant
Is there a job and/or career that interests you but you just do not have the qualifications to apply for this particular job? Fort St. John has many resources for regional education that can help you reach those goals.
- Northern Light College: offers oil and gas, mining, trades-related and other employment-related courses
- Enform: offers oil and gas, mining, trades-related and other employment-related courses
- Piping Industry Apprenticeship Board Training Center: offers oil and gas, mining, trades-related and other employment-related courses
- University of Northern British Columbia: Has courses for a variety of fields