With Fort St. John centered on the oil and gas industry, the opportunity for jobs in the city has grown exponentially. The city has seen steady growth in recent years which has lead to more and more people moving to the area. Other main resource industries found in the area are the forestry, agriculture, mining, and energy developments.
In December 2014 the Site C dam project was approved by the BC government that will provide approximately 10,000 person-years of direct employment during construction, and roughly 33,000 total person-years of employment through all stages of development and construction.
Looking For A Job?
Here is a list of job directories you can look through to hopefully help assist you in your job hunt:
- Regional Help Wanted – Fort St. John
- WorkBC Employment Services Centre
- Northern Lights College
- Site C Job Opportunities
Job Listings In Fort St. John
Start a brand new career with proven support, flexibility. and no limits. We're looking for professionals with a track record of success to join our growing financial services fir...
Overview. Work from home with one of the fastest growing online English teaching organizations and teach up to four children aged between 5 12 in China. Our highly competitive rat...
We are currently recruiting for an independent contractor to fill the role of. Visual Merchandiser' in the Fort St John, BC area to complete monthly service calls in the local Walm...
Summary. Doig River First Nation. Lands and Resources Manager. Job Posting. The Manager of Lands and Resources plans and directs the activities of the Lands and Resources Departme...
VIPKid Online English Teacher. Looking for a flexible online teaching opportunity. We are seeking passionate educators to teach English online to over 500,000 students in China. wi...
Why Work In Fort St. John?
The city of Fort St. John is ideal if you are looking for career and economic opportunities. Northern British Columbia and Fort St. John is in an ideal geographical location because there is an abundance of oil and gas, coal, hydroelectricity, forestry, agriculture and tourism resources that is accessible. This is why Fort St. John is the perfect city to live in if you’re looking for career opportunities.
Opportunities on Demand:
With the natural resources that Fort St. John has access to and the major projects that are planned for Northeast British Columbia; there are many jobs that are available now and in the future. Some of these opportunities include:
- Construction – Heavy duty mechanist and equipment operators. As well as carpenters, electricians and millwrights
- Oil & Gas – Drilling and servicing laborers, petroleum gas and chemical process operators
- Mining – Mineral process control operators
- Health – Registered nurses
- Administration – Finance and insurance
Which Businesses are Hiring?
- Natural gas production and servicing: Spectra Energy, EnCana, Shell Canada and McElhanney Land Surveys
- Public Sector: Northern Lights College and Northern Health
- Wood Sector: Canfor and Peace Valley OSB Plant
Is there a job and/or career that interests you but you just do not have the qualifications to apply for this particular job? Fort St. John has many resources for regional education that can help you reach those goals.
- Northern Light College: offers oil and gas, mining, trades-related and other employment-related courses
- Enform: offers oil and gas, mining, trades-related and other employment-related courses
- Piping Industry Apprenticeship Board Training Center: offers oil and gas, mining, trades-related and other employment-related courses
- University of Northern British Columbia: Has courses for a variety of fields