This is a visual for people who want to know more about their community. The Fort St John BC Statistics was collected from Census Canada and the Fort St John website.
Fort St John BC Statistics
Here is a text version of the infographic. The population of Fort St John is 18,609 with a national rank of 96 and a provincial rank of 15. It has a below than average Canadian unemployment rate of 5.5%.
House prices have been soaring across Canada and even in Fort St John, the average home value has increased by 8.8% from 2008.
Population (by age group)
- 0-14 years old: 21%
- 15-24 years old: 16%
- 25-44 years old: 36%
- 45-64 years old: 21%
- 65+ years old: 6%
- 30.6% are couple-family households with children aged 24 and under
- 28.4% are couple-family households without children aged 24 and under
- 25.0% one-person households
- 8.4% lone-parent family households
- 6.3% other households
- 1.3% multiple-family households
- 21 religious establishments
- 18 parks
- 17 arts and culture clubs
- 9 fitness centers
- 7 dance clubs
- 2 dance companies
- 2 art galleries
- 2 shopping malls
- 2 theaters
- 1 camping site
- 1 library
- 1 museum
Investment in Fort St John is very appealing because of manufacturing benefits. This includes
- strong economic fundamentals: long-term projects that create a market opportunity
- low tax rates: BC ranks the lowest amongst Canadian provinces from personal and corporate tax rates. This is also complemented by exemptions on such things like machinery. Development expenditures and research are complimented by tax credits.
- competitive operating costs: low cost for electricity (compared to US or other parts of Canada)
- growing labor supply: Training the exisitng workforce assets are important since government initiatives are driving labour back int BC.
- financial incentives: up to $5,000 per job creation and capital investment.
The top 4 sectors from Fort St John BC Statistics are services (25%), mining and oil and gas (14%), retail trade (11.65) and construction (11.4%).
The city has been nicknamed “energic city” that currently has over 18,000 residents and over 25 km of trails. It is also complimented by the cities music and cultural background.